Friday, October 19, 2007

someone was thinking


One of my relatives recently moved into the independent retirement community at Mays Chapel Ridge. I recently visited the Web site (http://www.mayschapelridge.com/) to obtain directions, and I noticed a two appealing features.

First, there is a tool in the top navigation bar that enables the visitor to enlarge to shrink the text on the page. What a good idea! I'm sure that many people with weak eyes visit this site, and they may not know the ins and outs of adjusting the display type size in their browser.

Second, when I print directions from the page, it does not print the frame with all of the navigation bars. Nice! It is a treat when site architects have foreseen the obvious problems encountered by users and circumvented them.

These are just little things, but they illustrate the difference professional design can make.

No comments: