Friday, November 2, 2007

beautiful photo, unfortunate sacrifice



My friend Rich was kind enough to take this spectacular photo of the Bay Lady for me when I needed a photo for my classification project. Unfortunately, I had set my article template for vertical photos. I still liked the angle of the boat better in this photograph than in the vertical one he sent, so I was forced to crop most of the beauty out of it. I thought that the full photo had to be displayed somewhere. Maybe I will find a use for it in the future...like a framed print on my wall.

I am so amazed that he was able to capture this. The lighting was really poor at the time, and he make the shutter speed long enough to increase the light exposure, but short enough so the boat would not blur due to its rocking in the water. Photography is an awesome skill.

No comments: