Wednesday, December 12, 2007

tick and tell

Yes, I finally succumbed to the pressure to edit the name "show and tell." I guess this title doesn't even make sense, since nothing is ticking, but I am keeping it anyway.

This week, I brought some samples of my ticket collection. Since I moved to the city and downsized my living space, tickets are the only thing I have the luxury to collect.

I especially enjoy tickets with holographic pieces or images. I begrudgingly save the Ticketmaster tickets, but the Internet tickets are an abomination and must only be saved as a last resort if I really need them as a concert memento.

3 comments:

LenzerNotLeuzer said...

You went to the King Tut exhibit in Philly? Never made it up there. Maybe next time... Guess I'll have to wait another 20 years for it to come to the states again.

Laura M said...

Actually, I went in Chicago, but I was also in Philly when the exhibit was there. It was a bummer that Tut and his sarcophagus are not part of the exhibit. I felt jipped. They still had some really cool stuff, though.

Shayla said...

I agree Laura. I went to see the exhibit in Philly. The build up through the exhibit was good, the final stop was a let down, but maybe that was the point. Build up your interest and if you want more go to Eygpt. I am glad I saw it though, just wanted more.